Draws Limited to 16 male and 16 female teams at levels 2.0 – 3.5; 16 male teams and 8 female teams at level 4.0 (10 Cap rating of 33 or higher); 8 male and 8 female teams at levels 1.5 and 4+ (10 Cap rating under 33). Women’s 4.0, and men’s/women’s 1.5 and 4+ will be 8 team brackets.
Each park may submit 3 male and 3 female teams. The #1 team is assured a place in the tournament for the 16 team levels. Teams #2 & #3 will play if open slots are available. If more than 8 parks enter teams in the 8 team levels, then the strongest 8 teams will be entered, although preference will be given so that at least one team from each park shall play if possible.
Competition Regular scoring with 2nd deuce game point. Except in the finals. Location: SVE Courts
Entry Fee $30.00 per person / $60.00 per team. Make checks payable to: SVE Tennis Club
Each park will submit one check for all participating teams. Each park will be notified as to which of the teams submitted made the draw by February 18, 2020.
Consolation There will be a consolation bracket for all first round teams who lost. A team having a bye in the first round & a loss in the second round will feed into the consolation bracket.
Registration Players must check-in thirty(30) minutes before their scheduled match. All 7am matches fifteen(15) minutes prior to match.
Rain Delays If play is suspended due to rain, play will resume as soon as the courts are safe to resume play. This decision is at the discretion of the tournament director. If a player leaves the court area, it is their responsibility to keep in touch with the tournament officials. Temporary no ad scoring may be in effect to assist scheduling.
SVE Doubles Championship Tournament Rules of Play
1. Players must be at least 50 years of age
2. Players must play at the same level in which they played in the East Valley Senior Tennis League and have played at least 3 EVSTL matches to qualify.
3. Substitutes will be allowed prior to the first round of play, and must be made before check-in. The substitute player(s) must have the same rating (or lower) and be from the same park.
4. Team will default after 10 minutes if they do not report to their assigned court.
5. No substitutes after commencement of first (1st) round play. Injury time outs will be limited to 10 minutes. If at the end of that time a player cannot continue, they shall be considered in default.
6. If a player is unable to complete a match for any reason, they shall be considered in default. Teams are to play their scheduled time unless director designates a “Bye”.
7. Warm up is limited to five (5) minutes. This includes serves.
8. Players will call their own lines (scorekeepers will not)
9. All four (4) players will check draw board for next scheduled start time.
10. Courtesy and sportsmanship are expected from players and spectators.
11. Liability forms must be signed at registration desk, on first day of registration.
12. Parking is limited. Please carpool. (Please bring own water)
13. Winning teams may not compete at the same level for one (1) year.